what about track two?

by - 7:58 PM

you know those songs in the middle of the album, the ones that people don't know about. 

the ones where you really have to try to find. 

the ones when you're so desperate for new songs that you type a band in, and you find those songs before everyone else does, then when it comes on the radio... you're mad at the world? yeah, me too. 

i'm that track two. the track that people forget about. 

when everyone is so focused and so intrigued with the intro, i'm waiting for people to put the album on shuffle and just listen. 

i'm page 258 out of 432. i'm not your thesis statement that pulls you in, 

not your conclusion leaving you wanting more. 


i'm the middle.


You May Also Like

14 comments

  1. "not your conclusion leaving you wanting more."

    Curious to see what more this blog has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the metaphor, and maybe I'll be mad at Nelson when you "come on the radio". I'll be watching this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your conclusion! It was nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "i'm waiting for people to put the album on shuffle and just listen." I'm listening. Definitely interested to see where you go with this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well you definitely got me listening

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is FANTASTIC!!!! I know what it's like to be 'track two'. You know, sometimes that's the best song on the whole dang CD!!! I can't wait to hear more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep writing! I love the track two songs. And I'm listening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this. I feel the same way about my favorite albums.

    Screw track 1.

    Welcome to the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. waiting for people to put the album on shuffle and just listen

    really liked that

    ReplyDelete