a letter to myself.

by - 6:54 PM

days are going by faster now,
the nights are longer,
the morning breeze is colder.

the wind blows on my newly showered ears,
sticking to my worn out, homework drained hands.

and i want you to think.

think about how the world is crumbling around you, one building at a time.
think about how guns ring in distant lands,
and how people are breaking promises more than they're breaking bones.

think about how that little nothing,
really meant everything. 

think about here and now.

and its the here and the now, 
and the there and the then 

but only two months ago i saw my nieces face for the first time,
and i couldn't help but think that maybe heaven is not something you need to die to get to.

and I'm still trying to hold onto this helium balloon called happiness, 

but remember, 

remember that we live for the sound
of the moments,

the moments that make us feel alive.

and i wonder.

i wonder if on the other side of the world,



on a dirt floor, 
with a lightbulb hanging from a string,

if they can hear it too.

and every day,
i'm learning what it means to be alive,
without being whole.

You May Also Like

9 comments

  1. wow. this post blew me away. the line about breaking promises more than bones and the last line.. wow. i'm absolutely breathless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think about how that little nothing, really meant everything.
    This is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh your words make my heart melt.

    i hope we can be best of friends one day. you're incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I see your comments everywhere and I love that.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. remember that we live for the sound
    of the moments,

    it took me a solid five minutes to highlight the perfect line that i was sure was my favorites and i honestly do love this line but the whole thing is my fav. the whole thing made me feel and the whole thing made me tear up a bit so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "if they can hear it too."

    still so good.

    ReplyDelete