tell them im only seventeen

by - 6:27 PM

if the grow up committee asks,

tell them i still remember my first day of kindergarten 

and i hate spending money, 

because i'm afraid of letting things go. 

tell them i still use coloring books

and that i play with my food when i'm full.

tell them i haven't forgotten my favorite lullaby, 

but i can't remember the quadratic formula

tell them i'm old enough to see r rated movies

but not old enough to make that choice because

i'm no longer a child

but not yet an adult.  

tell them my heart is scattered on all sides of the globe 

and my mind can be a million places at once

but people tell me im a good listener. 

tell them my cap and gown are a few sizes too big 

and my dreams seem to be out of stock

but i haven't given up yet. 

tell them i'm taking bigger steps every chance i get,

and that im tired. 

tell them that you think i'm ready,

and tell them

well maybe don't tell them, 

that i'm not. 






You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. "i'm no longer a child

    but not yet an adult.

    tell them my heart is scattered on all sides of the globe

    and my mind can be a million places at once"
    #stolen
    SOOOO GOOD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude,

    This has me loving these I remember posts again.

    The committee. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "tell them my cap and gown are a few sizes too big

    and my dreams seem to be out of stock"

    ReplyDelete